What do “The Sacred Fire: The Story of Sex in Religion”, “Composition: a Series of Exercises in Art Structure” and “The Gospel of Mary Magdalene” have in common?
Find out all this and more, plus hear me try to explain how to deal with irritating people by using a terrible piano sound I found on the internet.
The Current is the underlying and connective energy of the Universe. It is the Poetic Architecture of creation and the single most important concept in Cyprianism. It is also, however, one of the most difficult to explain.
We do not have the means to codify and quantify It. Thus, for centuries, many have been satisfied with referring to It as the “spiritual”. But It is not other-worldly. It is an energy that tangles and intermingles with our own, asserting Itself subtly, allowing those who seek Its mysteries to resonate in ineffable ways.
It is the center of true creativity and the force that powers it. It is Presence. It is cadence. It is vast enough to be peaceful, yet personal enough to adapt in a breath. It is always moving, yet rarely is It linear. It is Sexual – chaotic, transcendent, ruining. It exists in horrible, primal Nature yet It is also the Beautifully clever architecture that dares to defy it.
We seek to understand It through creating. And also through analogies and symbols. It flows like a current of water or air. It connects and charges like a current of electricity. And It is the current moment – now.
Yet we must also understand that we do not need to compute It, or weight It, to understand It. Its mystery is Its essence. A veil drawing us beyond.
It is said that “a flower is beautiful, and a flower garden is Beautiful.” The Current is that Poetry which enables this subtle, powerful difference.
The sun has set
And all is shadow
By what shall we see?
What will penetrate our darkness?
Shall illuminate our longing,
Instill in us awareness,
Stir us to spending?
By what radiance
Will reason seep into us?
What source will swell us with sorcery?
Stars may shine upon the garden
Candles may light our path
Yet Paphia’s moonlit mouth,
Lily among flowers,
We are proud to announce the forming of the first Cyprian church in the U.S. – the Church of Beauty!
What are the tenets of the Church of Beauty?
- Beauty is the Poetry of human privilege, thus it is our responsibility.
- It is our duty to serve, defend and create Beauty
- Hating what is ugly does not create Beauty.
- Beauty is not easy. It is not prettiness. It is complex and It is changed by the journey to It.
- Creation is the answer to destruction.
- Beauty desires to assert Itself.
- Beauty is a faith in expectation and a subversion of fear.
- Sex, in all of its consensual forms, is to be honored. The Erotic Force is the best correlation and conduit for Beauty.
- All of history is inadequate to utter the breadth and depth of Beauty even once.
- Without extraordinary Vulnerability, without sheer daring, there is no Beauty.
- You can gain in reason without losing the ability to be excited by Beauty.
- Beauty requires unity and harmony.
- Destruction is eternal, but Beauty is eternity itself.
- “Always seek out Beauty, and attempt to find it in situations that cannot be mentioned in prudish circles.” – Franz von Bayros
- Always “model well” – Auguste Rodin
- Beauty is our Life, our Light and our Perfection.
You can also get involved in the #BeautyMovement and #52DaysofBeauty on social media and at the church’s Facebook Page.
Thank you to Tony Peterson for bringing this article to my attention. ProjectAWE does a great job of revealing Josephin Péladan to a modern audience. I admit, I know quite a bit, but not enough about Péladan. This article touches on most of what I know and gives a path for further research which I plan to do very soon. As for Péladan’s relationship with Cyprianism, it is known that he began an offshoot of the Order of the Garter and Franc which blended Paphian and Rosicrucian Philosophy. Enjoy this article and kudos to ProjectAWE, whom I have only just heard of. I can’t wait to delve deeper into the website. Oh, you know, in my free time.